Part II: Yoreh De'ah
- BEHEMAH - A class of kosher domestic animals (cattle, sheep, and goats); see Ch.2.
- CHALLAH - a dough-offering set aside when bread is baked; seeCh.27.
- CHAYAH - a kosher animal other than A BEHEMAH; see Ch.2.
- CHELEV - forbidden fat of a BEHEMAH; see Ch.2.
- CHEREM - a ban, or an oath whose violation is subject to a ban; see Chs.16,29.
- GID HA-NASHEH - the sciatic nerve; see Ch.2.
- KADDISH - a prayer recited by mourners; see Ch.32.
- KOHEN (pl. KOHANIM) - descendants of Aaron who served as priests in the Temple.
- MAASER (pl. MAASROS) - a tithe set aside from crops; see
- MEZUZAH - a scroll containing passages from the Torah, attached to a doorpost; see Ch.23.
- NEZIFAH - a sanction imposed by a rabbi on a disrespectful person; see
- NIDDAH - a woman who is ritually impure because of menstruation; see
- NIDDUI - a preliminary ban; see Ch.29.
- SHATNEZ - a mixture of wool and linen; see Ch.25.
- SIRCHAH (pl. SIRCHOS) - an adhesion; see Ch.4.
- TEREFAH- an animal or bird that has a defect; see Chs.
- TERUMAH - an offering set aside from crops; see Ch.28.
- TEVEL - crops from which TERUMAH and tithes have not been set aside; see
Shulchan Aruch, Copyright (c) 1999 Project
VAYEITZEI AND CHANUKAH:
Chanukah, Chutzpah, and Coming Close to G-d
Rabbi Yehudah Prero - 5757
Chanukah: Lights, Camera, Action!
Rabbi Osher Chaim Levene - 5768
The World of Learning
Rabbi Label Lam - 5764
To Achieve Your Goals and not Cause Jealousy
Rabbi Berel Wein - 5770
Rabbi Berel Wein - 5773
Respect of the Sanctuary: On Sacred Ground
Rabbi Osher Chaim Levene - 5766
Good and Bad Company
Shlomo Katz - 5768
Rabbi Raymond Beyda - 5766
Candle Lighting Blessings
Rabbi Yehudah Prero - 5761
Festival of The Reflecting Lights
Rabbi Naftali Reich - 5773
Rabbi Aron Tendler - 5765
Yosef's Approach to God-Based Events
Rabbi Pinchas Winston - 5771
Never Give Up!
Rabbi Yaakov Menken - 5757
Thanks a Lot!
Rabbi Raymond Beyda - 5764
Leaving... a Good Impression
Rabbi Pinchas Winston - 5760
See What Will Be
Rabbi Label Lam - 5769