Part II: Yoreh De'ah
- BEHEMAH - A class of kosher domestic animals (cattle, sheep, and goats); see Ch.2.
- CHALLAH - a dough-offering set aside when bread is baked; seeCh.27.
- CHAYAH - a kosher animal other than A BEHEMAH; see Ch.2.
- CHELEV - forbidden fat of a BEHEMAH; see Ch.2.
- CHEREM - a ban, or an oath whose violation is subject to a ban; see Chs.16,29.
- GID HA-NASHEH - the sciatic nerve; see Ch.2.
- KADDISH - a prayer recited by mourners; see Ch.32.
- KOHEN (pl. KOHANIM) - descendants of Aaron who served as priests in the Temple.
- MAASER (pl. MAASROS) - a tithe set aside from crops; see
- MEZUZAH - a scroll containing passages from the Torah, attached to a doorpost; see Ch.23.
- NEZIFAH - a sanction imposed by a rabbi on a disrespectful person; see
- NIDDAH - a woman who is ritually impure because of menstruation; see
- NIDDUI - a preliminary ban; see Ch.29.
- SHATNEZ - a mixture of wool and linen; see Ch.25.
- SIRCHAH (pl. SIRCHOS) - an adhesion; see Ch.4.
- TEREFAH- an animal or bird that has a defect; see Chs.
- TERUMAH - an offering set aside from crops; see Ch.28.
- TEVEL - crops from which TERUMAH and tithes have not been set aside; see
Shulchan Aruch, Copyright (c) 1999 Project
KI SISA AND PURIM:
Master of the Obvious
Rabbi Label Lam - 5774
Believing vs. Knowing
Shlomo Katz - 5759
Rabbi Pinchas Winston - 5770
Sweet Smell of Success
Rabbi Pinchas Winston - 5762
Greatest Accolade Given To Mordechai
Rabbi Yissocher Frand - 5757
Leave the Worrying to G-d
Rabbi Yissocher Frand - 5760
His Worst Nightmare Realized
Rabbi Label Lam - 5768
Keeping the Holy Holy!
Rabbi Label Lam - 5764
Forged With Love
Rabbi Yochanan Zweig - 5773
Sobering Stories for Purim
Rabbi Yehudah Prero - 5758
Bucking the Trend
Rabbi Eliyahu Hoffmann - 5762
How Could They?
Rabbi Aron Tendler - 5758
Preparation for Happiness
Rabbi Yehudah Prero - 5769
Rabbi Raymond Beyda - 5766
Rabbi Yisroel Ciner - 5758