By Rabbi Yitzchak Schwartz
This class offers an explanation of major themes within the Book of Job based mainly on the writings of the Malbim (Rabbi Meir Leibush Malbim). It includes important additions from the Ramban (Nachmanides) and the Biur HaGra (commentary of the Vilna Gaon).
Lessons offered here are intended for anyone who wants to get seriously involved in the study of the Tanach (Bible) and it’s classic Jewish commentaries. Of course, there is no alternative to live shiurim (lectures),and we encourage all who can to participate in your local Torah study activities at your local synagogue or beit midrash.
Because it is virtually impossible to provide an adequate textual analysis of the text without the original Hebrew, we place our emphasis on a conceptual approach. The information is presented verse by verse with a running commentary, and limited discussion is invited from readers.We hope that you enjoy the experience as much as we look forward to providing it for you.
The author is the Rosh Hayeshiva (Dean) of Orchos Chaim Yeshiva in Jerusalem.
- Part 1: Chapter 1, Verses 1-5
- Part 2: Chapter 1, Verse 6
- Part 3: Chapter 1, Verse 6
- Part 4: Chapter 1, Verses 6-7
- Part 5: Chapter 1, Verses 6-7
- Part 6: Chapter 1, Verses 7-8
- Part 7: Chapter 1, Verses 7-11
- Part 8: Chapter 1, Verses 9-12
- Part 9: Chapter 1, Verses 12 – 22
- Part 10: Chapter 1, Verses 21 – 22